40 Hour Skill Enhancement for New Hires


The client, a large ITES company, had recruited Engineers from Campuses across the country as advance hires. In the interim they conducted online continuing skill enhancement on relevant technical topics but needed a program for Communication and Soft Skills. 


Our expertise with large scale distributed learning solutions enabled us to design a skill development program tailored to the client’s specific performance metrics. We structured the program to follow the 30:70 ratio, Principle of Theory vs Practice. Following our in-house instructional design model of iterative content development, learning outcomes were aligned to the client’s specific requirements for engineers dealing with clients. Interactive activities were mapped to the competency framework. We created and developed a program to ensure that the prospective engineer was job ready in 40 hours of self paced training. This program, in addition to training modules, had daily and weekly assessments that program coordinators could review remotely. 

Data reporting and Analytics are the backbone of a remote learning program. We developed custom reports to track activity and usage that would be easy to read for the trainers. The in-house training team were able to monitor daily activity at a high level and also at a granular level to take remedial action wherever necessary. The analytics of assessment data was used to differentiate and map overall skill competency in communication and soft skills. 

As part of the governance model we were able to provide online tech support and training support for the course content wherever needed.


Over 1000 new hire engineers took the 40 hours skill development program. On average participants who spent 10-15 hours per week practicing their skills completed the program successfully.  80% of participants cleared the program in the first attempt of the assessment. The remaining 20% of participants were given free access to the platform. This enabled them to further practice and remote guidance was provided online with a trainer wherever needed. With two extra weeks of practice on key skills the entire 20% cleared their assessments.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *